Infusion Pharmacy and Enteral Therapy
Infusion Pharmacy & Nursing
Our Infusion Pharmacy is a licensed pharmacy that provides intravenous (IV) medications, nutritional support, infusion pumps, supplies and comprehensive infusion therapy management to patients in their own homes. All of our patients are served by our state-of-the-art sterile compounding pharmacy. Therapies commonly provided include antibiotics, immune globulin, pain management, and enteral and parenteral nutrition.
Our Infusion Pharmacy has earned CHAP accreditation which demonstrates that Home Health United meets the industry’s highest nationally recognized standards. Learn more about CHAP accreditation.
Our pharmacists and nurses work collaboratively with the physician to ensure that the patient receives:
- the highest quality of care
- optimal outcomes
- efficient enrollment and timely deliveries
- individualized patient assessment, and their progress monitored throughout the course of treatment
- thorough patient education and materials
Our pharmacist-to-patient ratio is low allowing for excellent monitoring of the patient.
Your Infusion Team
Pharmacy staff place a high focus on coordination of care in working with patients and their medical team, including interfacing with our own home health division with superior quality outcomes to regional competitors, as well as state and national benchmarks.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Involved with monitoring patient’s lab results, ordering blood medication levels, adjusting medication doses, monitoring symptoms and effects of ordered therapies.
Infusion Nurse Specialist
- Expert in caring for patients receiving IV therapy and coordinates with the patient’s care team to ensure safe, effective treatment.
- Oversees the Branch Infusion Nurses, who are dedicated to the oversight of infusion therapy in their HHU branch.
- Provides oversight and education of Infusion Nurses.
Home Health Registered Nurse
- Assists patients in learning to administer and monitor their home infusion therapy and answer any questions, leaving behind thorough instructional materials.
- Specializes in preparing each dose of patient’s infusion medication.
- Provides the patient and their nurse with the supplies necessary, including no cost convenience extras such as shower gloves and netting.
- Handles all financial aspects of patient’s treatment.
- Contacts patient’s health insurance provider to determine coverage and benefits, and bills their insurance for them.
Warehouse Specialist/Delivery Technician
- Coordinates the initial and ongoing timely delivery of medication and supplies.
Meet the Pharmacists!
All of Home Health United’s Clinical Pharmacists are Doctors of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.), and provide comprehensive clinical care to our infusion patients.